One of our customers in Beverly Hills was doing a major office renovation and they required temporary electric power for the duration of the work. This seemed like a simple enough request for our rental group to handle but there were some challenges that had to be addressed!
The challenges were generally centered around the constraints of the job site and included:
- The temporary generator could not be parked on the street due to city bylaws
- The only other available locations for a temporary generator came with their own challenges:
- A very small underground parking stall with extremely tight access and inadequate ventilation to allow an engine to run for an extended period of time
- The top of a parking structure which would require a crane to lift it into place
- Noise restrictions were in place due to the proximity to other businesses
- California has some of the strictest emissions requirements and building code requirements in North America. This means that power generation equipment must be able to meet the strictest emission standards and must be designed to handle earthquakes which are also common to California
Our rental team worked with the customer to determine the potential power demand that they would experience during their office renovation. Once our team understood this requirement, we began to look at our rental fleet and selected a few potential options. From these options we narrowed down the selection to a rental unit that was the correct size, met the noise restrictions, and met the emissions requirements.
We then worked with our customer to provide a temporary venting solution for the generator exhaust. This had to meet the local building code requirements as well as the exhaust venting specifications for the generator. Once this was done, our rental team coordinated the generator drop off and set-up (props to our delivery team for backing this unit into place!) ensuring that our customer had the electric power they needed for the duration of their office building renovation project!
For more information on a rental solution or any other power generation solution, contact us via email or at the number below:
1-888-682-6888 or firstname.lastname@example.org